Call for Papers
Philosophy in an Age of Crisis: Challenges and Prospects
12th World Congress of The International Society for Universal Dialogue
The Pontifical Catholic University of Peru
Submission deadline: October 10, 2017
Conference dates: July 10—15 July, 2018
The International Society for Universal Dialogue is committed to promoting inter-cultural dialogue aimed at the realization of a decent, peaceful, and just world order. Our times demand that we, as philosophers, must face the issues that define our moment in history, work to foster intellectual insight, imagination, social responsibility, and justice.
Therefore, the International Society for Universal Dialogue issues a Call for Papers and proposals for panels for its 12th World Congress devoted to the theme “Philosophy in an Age of Crisis: Challenges and Prospects.”
Suggested sub-themes include
- Philosophic innovation in a Promethean era
- The ivory tower and social involvement
- Cross-cultural dialogue and the building of common humanity
- Learning to be human in an age of crisis and uncertainty
- The Digital Revolution and the post-human
- The benefits and threats of technicization and science
- The status and roles of knowledge in the contemporary world
- Religion, philosophy, and society
- Art and morality in the contemporary world
- Nationalism, populism and the challenge to universalism
- Globalization, anti-globalization or glocalization
- Cultural diversity and universal harmony
- Cosmopolitanism and transnationalism
- Ecology and environmental justice
- Gender issues in family, workplace, and cultural contexts
For further & updated details of the congress please see www.worldialogue.org.
Please send abstracts of papers (around 300-500 words) or proposals for panels, in Microsoft Word, to Professor Emilya Tajsina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dialogue and Universalism: Journal of the International Society for Universal Dialogue will publish selected papers presented at the congress.
ISUD is a member of the International Federation of Philosophical Societies (FISP).