The Faculty of Philosophy of the National Research University Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia (http://phil.hse.ru/en/) invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor, or higher, with a proven ability to conduct high-level research and excellent academic backgrounds.
We welcome candidates in all sub-fields of Philosophy (with a special focus on epistemology, ontology, history of philosophy, logic, political and social philosophy, ethics), Cultural and visual studies (notably in visual art theory, theory and history of visual media, image science, sociology of culture, film studies, visual anthropology) and Asian studies (especially in economic development and socio-economic situation in Modern East Asia, mainly China and Japan, State and Law in Modern East Asia).
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university which provides unique research opportunities (http://hse.ru/en).
– Internationally competitive compensation package, 13% flat income tax rate and other benefits
– Generous travel support and research grants provided by the university’s Centre for Advanced Studies (www.cas.hse.ru)
– Low teaching load, minimal service required
– Heavy emphasis on high quality research
– Ph.D. in Philosophy, Cultural studies, Visual studies, Asian studies or a related field
– Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is not required)
– Ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals and international university presses
Generally appointments will be made for an initial three-year period and upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts would normally be extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
Please provide a CV, at least 2 letters of reference forwarded directly, a statement of research interest and recent research paper. All materials should be addressed to Martin Gilman, Director, Centre for Advanced Studies at email@example.com no later than December 18, 2013.