- To promote the LGBTQ community of SPEP and its intellectual and innovative contributions to the program of the annual meeting.
- To promote scholarly activities that integrate LGBTQ issues into studies in Continental Philosophy.
- To communicate concerns of the LGBTQ community of SPEP to the Executive Board.
- To defend the rights and interests of LGBTQ members both within the organization and, when applicable (as in cases of reported discrimination), in educational institutions.
- Jami Weinstein, Linköping University (2012-2015), Chair
- Emanuela Bianchi, New York University (2013-2016)
- Ron Sundstrom, University of San Francisco (2014-2017)
- Mary Bloodsworth-Lugo, Washington State University (2011-2014)
- William Wilkerson, University of Alabama, Huntsville
- Robert Vallier, Institut d’Études Politiques
- Kyoo Lee, John Jay College CUNY